Ten Ways to Grow a Healthy Brain
1) Restful night's sleep.
2) Daily aerobic excercise - at least 20 minutes.
3) Healthy social relationships.
5) Healthy diet, including whole grains, fresh fruits and vegetables, fresh fish, nuts and unsaturated fats (including omega-3-fatty acids). Strawberries, blueberries and blackberries contain anthocyanins (a type of polyphenol) that have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties that can be protective of the brain.
6) Stay well hydrated: drink lots of water.
7) Limited alcohol use - if you choose to drink alcohol, no more than: - one drink a day for women and two drinks a day for men.
8) Learn new information every day.
9) Movement activities that use both sides of the body, such as dancing, yoga, and swimming.
10) Comply with treatment for any mental or physical disorders that you have.